Wunderbares Tribute-Mixtape über die unnachahmliche Kopyright Liberation Front aka KLF:
Words: The KLF, an initialism for „Kopyright Liberation Front“, and „Kings of the Low Frequencies“ (also known as The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, furthermore known as The JAMs, The Timelords and other names) were a British acid house band of the late 1980s and early 1990s. Beginning in 1987, Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty released hip hop-inspired and sample-heavy records as The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu.
The duo also published a book, The Manual (How to Have a Number One the Easy Way), and worked on a road movie called The White Room. The Justified Ancients of Mummu“ from The Illuminatus! Eternity is a recurring theme in song titles („3 a.m. Eternal“, „Madrugada Eterna“) hence the title of this mix.
Following the February 1990 release of Chill Out, sheep had recurring roles in the duo’s output until their 1992 retirement. Drummond has claimed that the use of sheep on the Chill Out cover was intended to evoke contemporary rural raves and the cover of the Pink Floyd album Atom Heart Mother. Drummond and Cauty’s work often involved notions of ceremony and journey. Journeys are the subject of the KLF Communications recordings Chill Out, Space, „Last Train to Trancentral“, and also Adventures beyond the Ultraworld.
The Chill Out album depicts a journey across the U.S. Gulf Coast. I took that approach in making this tribute mix. Some British friends suggested I make this mix but in the beginning, I had no idea what to do, and more importantly how to do it. Most of what you’ll hear on the mix, is random and improvised. I only used one track from Chill out, most of the material is bootlegs, fan mixes by Bovine boy (www.facebook.com/bovineboy/?fref=ts), El Strawb (@el-strawb), samples used by KLF, remixes, moon landings, all accompanied by the movie The Rites Of Mu (Narrated By Martin Sheen). I hope it will be a rewarding voyage to you! At 3 a.m. eternal… ? ? ? ?!
1) Last Train to Trancentral (Live From the Lost Continent-7′ Radio Edit)
2) 3 am eternal (Original 1988 pure trance mix)
3) The rites of Mu documentary narration by Martin Sheen
4) Chill out is not what this is about
5) Noisesurfer : Glider (Air Cut Mix)
7) Bobby and Betty go to the Moon
8) This is not what Space is about
9) Apollo 11 – For All Mankind (1969)
10) Fleetwood Mac – Albatross
11) Bovine boy – Chill out was an album I once heard part 2
12) What Goes On? (Ambient Mix Part 3)
13) The Lights of Baton Rouge Pass By remixed
14) Brian Eno: 1/2
15) 3 A.M. Eternal (Blue Danube Orbital)
16) 3 A.M. Eternal (C&K Backbeat remix)
17) Chill out was an album I once heard part 3
18) What time is love? (Space mix)
19) What time is dub? (Salz acid dub mix)
20) The monumental Tribute mix by Strawb
21) Last Train to Trancentral (LP mix)
22) Chill out ~ Unreleased Mix ~ Part A (1 of 2)
23) Madrugada Eterna (Club Mix)
24) Herders of Mongun Taiga part 1 of 5
25) Chill out was an album I once heard part 1
26) Pink Floyd: On the run
27) The Rites of Mu (M.T.V. version)
28) Brownsville Turnaround on the Tex-Mex Border
29) Authentic sound effects short freight train pass
Klicken Sie auf den unteren Button, um den Inhalt von w.soundcloud.com nachzuladen.