Für eine Aufnahme aus dem Publikum gar nicht so schlecht.
01) Go Back To The Thing / Let Me Have It All (Sly & The Family Stone)
02) Cosmic Slop (Funkadelic)
03) Woman’s Gotta Have It (Bobby Womack)
04) The Line
05) You Caught Me Smilin’ / Africa Talks To You “The Asphalt Jungle” (Sly & The Family Stone)
06) Tell Me If You Still Care (The S.O.S. Band)
07) Our Love Has Died (Ohio Players)
08) The Root
09) Really Love
11) Mother’s Son (Curtis Mayfield)
12) New Position (Prince)
14) encore break
• Recorded from the crowd, 30′ back right centerish.
• Fades, EQ, and levels adjusted in Logic.
• Audio at end of „Africa“ spliced with Okayplayer.tv youtube audio (mic unplugged)
• Occasional commentary (and one of the finest swoons ever recorded) provided by my man Marty Bouchard of Higher Hands.
• photo credit: Okayplayer
it has been YEARS since i heard this full high-quality bootleg recording of one of Max’s earliest live gigs, performed in 1997 at Paradiso, Amsterdam. it’s only 8 tracks long (roughly 42mins in length) but it showcases Max and his band’s knack for re-interpreting his own songs. there are some alterations made to some M standards here that i haven’t really heard anywhere else. not much is really known about this bootleg or how it even surfaced to begin with, alls i remember is chancing upon it i THINK from the Soulseek days. regardless, this should be a collector’s item for ANY avid Maxwellian fanatic.
VAHÉ K, Melbourne, Australia
a high-quality bootleg recording of one of MAXWELL’s earliest concerts:
01. The Urban Theme (2:25)
02. Welcome (4:49)
03. Dancewitme (5:50)
04. Lock You Up N’ Love Fa Days (4:30)
05. …Til The Cops Come Knockin’ (The Opus) (Pt. 1) (5:48)
06. …Til The Cops Come Knockin’ (The Opus) (Pt. 2) (7:45)
07. Ascension (Don’t Ever Wonder) (Pt. 1) (6:35)
08. Ascension (Don’t Ever Wonder) (Pt. 2) (4:50)